Pete and Laz

Pete and Laz
Yeah, Pete it's rough...but it's a runner.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

My little laptop lives again...


Now I just have to learn how to use it again. 34 updates later..(It's been sitting for a few months waiting for a new power supply)...and everything has changed. Finally figured out which hoops I had to jump, and which rumps I had to kiss...

Not much going on lately on the motorbike front...did get the "powerful' engine back into the SL 350 project, and have mocked it up a little further to what it's next incarnation might be...will probably add a picture here...when I have it.

Sitting around having a 'Big breakfast' at the local McD's...latching on to the 'free wifi'. Listening to the interesting combined hubbub of retired Chinese businessmen and sidewalk philosophers spouting political and religious pontifications and bloviation...chitter chatter...hyperbole...bringing to mind an Adrien Belew tune...

Been gone all week helping friends move out of a live/work studio space in the lovely town of Oakland California. Been a real struggle...eviction/limited access/f'ed landlords/hostile neighbors kinda thing....and it's not over. Probably headed down later this eve to wrap things up over the week end.....maybe we can get another pizza from the place down the street from the 'Angel's' clubhouse...


No deposit...no return...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy there Larry......haven't been posting much myself due to OT at work that I don't want, the GFs Dad dying in Oct, vacation at the same time, still getting parts, etc.

    Angels Oakland Clubhouse.....you'll have to get a pic of that if they don't have objections

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya Bodger, Tough dealing with deaths in the family. I'm lucky I can refuse OT...though the money for projects would be fine. Keep plugging...one of these days our Beezers will be running. Yeah, the Clubhouse in Oakland...kinda funny, I live near the one here in my town. They roll down my street sometimes making a lotta racket...
    Looking forward to some time off to get serious about all my projects.Thinking I'm going to try to wrap up the 'rollers', before I get seriously into the 'baskets'. As far as the British projects, I'll probably get my BSA 650 twin going again first since it's a runner....then into the 441, the 350, the 500, and then the Triumphs...so...you'll be seeing several Honda and Kawasaki projects here before the British ones. (Though...I do have a Cotton that needs just engine work...it was rattling pretty bad last time I started it...).

    ReplyDelete