Pete and Laz

Pete and Laz
Yeah, Pete it's rough...but it's a runner.

Thursday, December 24, 2015

2016...ready or not... Happy New Year!!

Decided to launch this post early...as I have a busy Holiday schedule ahead...and it would get lost in the shuffle otherwise....so, Happy New Year Bloggers!




Yep, it's been 16 years now....and I think I'm finally getting used to seeing a '20', instead of a '19'...as a century marker. Hanging out at one of the local coffee shops with free wifi the other day, I got into a discussion with Dennis about sidecars. Lately I've been missing having an operational outfit. I have a couple of sidecar frames that are missing their bodies...(for some reason in Sacramento, there are sidecar body thieves.) ...I have one that I bought for it's classic cigar shaped body. Yep, some one broke into a storage unit and stole the fiberglass body. Another frame I purchased from a fellow enthusiast that was relieved of his body.  



All the following pics were snagged from the web while doing a bit of research with Dennis. I'm thinking about attempting to build a body similar in design to the newer silvery Beemer below. Dennis is of the opinion that it would be just as easy to build a 'Zeppelin' style body, of course being a fabricator in sheet metal gives him the confidence I'm lacking in trying that out as a first body project.


Clever photoshop work? or just another farmer combining work and pleasure?






This ones been all over the web, do you think there is a factory somewhere in South America making VW van bodies for carnival rides....?


Another photoshop job, or a top secret Chinese Army project?


I like this one a lot, and think I could replicate a similar body style.


The Zeppelins are nice, but it would be more problematical for me to mount a body like this on a more conventional sidecar frame.

For those of you on the other side of the big pond, Sideburn Magazine has announced "Snow Quake"...in the Italian Alps...check it out at Sideblog.






No comments:

Post a Comment