Pete and Laz

Pete and Laz
Yeah, Pete it's rough...but it's a runner.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Veteran's Day weekend...


Cruising down the road to the Monterey Coast area, coming up on Casa de Fruta...was passed by several bikes...managed to snap a quick off the steering wheel shot...thought,oh well...


Pulled into Casa de Fruta and as I parked my car spotted the two Harley's, and went over and had a nice chat with Gary and Lynn from San Francisco. Gary is a Vietnam Veteran, so I thought they would make a good subject for a Veteran's day post here at the old blog. Nice weather for riding this weekend, made me wish I was on a bike instead of the old 4 wheeler...


A couple of times a year I pull out my Dad's old stripes and old Army Air Corps patch...this might be the year I build a small display case for these and some other memorabilia I have. My father served in Korea and Viet Nam.


This Harley, I spotted at a truck stop earlier, had the oddest, widest handlebars I've ever seen...


Another off the steering wheel shot earlier on the road on I-5...Anyone out there able to ID this bike...some sort of BMW possibly...?


It's been about 3 months since the last posting here...various computer malfunctions, forgotten passwords...odd Blooger B.S. ...the usual suspects.... Have a belated Sacmile posting in the works, and a 'Part 2' for the trip up to attend 'Dirt Quake US'...so, check back in a few days, and the chances are good....there will be more stuff to waste your time with... 




6 comments: